About

Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Lady in Pink Top



I remember it so vividly. I was waiting in a restaurant for a friend to come. He was stuck in traffic and could not do much, other than waiting.

Coincidentally, I met his sister in the restaurant and I went to her. She was with her batch mate and both had come there to escape the pain of mess food.

Both pretty girls were playing heads and tails while waiting for the food ordered by them. They were just fitting the truth or dare with the sides of a coin. So some of the biggest truths of life or challenges were discussed on the table, and I had come there to join the fun, or spoil it. Their privacy was no more there. So we shifted from serious to light ended truth challenges.

I had a habit of deciding what future event I will encounter by hitting heads or tails from a coin. So in between, I said that if it comes head, then I will have a good career ahead else I will struggle in life. To this, Swati's friend stopped her smile and asked me not to give what is in my hands to lady luck. Decisions, especially the most important ones, are to be taken solely by one's will, not nature's will. The intensity of the moment was great. I was not able to reply to this statement made by her. Her words had stamped their mark on me.

 In the heaviness of the moment, my friend arrived. He brought the scene back to normal.

Thanks to her, I have never played my future with a coin since then.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Type your mind