About

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

But she won't leave her kids



I hate dogs, put simply. They look as disgusting by their mouths as they are by their tails. But I have to be sensitive of them as well, because they are also products of creation, like me. However much they wag their tails when they see an old man having biscuits in his hand, they would happily play with him as well for passing his time. They would hold his hand by mouth, but would never bite it. But at the same time, I hate seeing them roaming like kings of house streets. Barking randomly at any stranger, or a rag picker or eating waste near dump. Everything is disgusting about these street dogs.

Except their kids.

They roam on the roads unaware of the world, and don't care if a huge car is in front of them. The sleep like kings under the cars, unaware of the imminent danger of the car running over them and taking their lives.

It happened once. Two pups were sleeping under Maruti 800 car of a neighbour. The neighbour did not check if there was some animal below his car. He started the car, did reverse, at which point one shrill voice came to me, sitting in my balcony. Then he put forward gear, at thich point another shrill voice came. It made me curious and I ran toward the spot. Thw two pups were bleeding from their mouths. One was making noise, while the other had already left making any motion. Slowly the second one also followed. Both were killed by the neighbour.

I remember the open eyes and mouth of the pups. They went into the oblivion as easily as they came from it. But their mother did not leave them that easily. She did not let the sweeper aunty pick them up. She would hold her suit by end and no let her go to her babies.

She would guard her babies, seemingly to look out for someone who would bring justice for her kids, or whatever. She did not let anyone touch them for two long days. Finally she gave up. She left our colony, never to be seen again.

I still hate dogs. But I learnt from this incident that we all are the same when it comes to things beyond physical boundaries.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Type your mind