About

Monday, December 15, 2014

Childhood



I am very fond of my childhood days. Every moment was eventful and every action was a lesson in itself. Every story was a doctrine and every smile was intimate. Some of the incidents I have seen or gone through, that I can recall are:

There was a small kid in a park who came to me, saying "bhaiya mere thumb mein chot lag gayi hai. Aap mujhe ye chewing gum de do half, ye sahi ho jayega" (Elder brother, my thumb is injured, please give me half of this chewing gum, the thumb will get fine). I instantly remembered that I too had done the same when I was 5 years old. I asked my bench mate to give her half five star because "isse meri khaansi theek ho jayegi." She indeed gave me her half chocolate. In return for that incident, I too wanted to give my half chewing gum to that kid, but I didn't, for fear of chewing gum doing bad to the kid.

Once I was playing in school when I wasp stung me on my face. My face was swollen red and paining hard. I had to abandon my game and rushed to classroom where I sat heads down and slept in seconds. I woke up only to realise that I could not even speak without pain. All the more painful was the fact that all my classmates could see my distorted version. After I reached home, I was laughed at by my elder sister, and was labelled as someone having a gulab jamun permanently in his mouth. Thankfully, my mother gave me some medicine and the swell effect died out by the night.

I also see a small labourer family constructing a home in front of my house. They wake up early, take a bath in open, with women trying to hide while at the same time trying to bath. What intrigues me is the free movement of their young kids. They roam freely here and there, as if the whole world is their play ground. They make marks on the road and play stapu, not afraid of any vehicle coming on their playground. A toddler moves carelessly on the road, while the mother is keeping an eye on him from distance, lest a vehicle spoils his 'vishva bhraman'. One kid is staring at the side view mirror of a car, adjusting her hair repeatedly. They do not even own a house here, yet they have made their world so easy here. Dear kids, may you always be blessed.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Type your mind