About

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

My fat friend



You are either fat or not. There is nothing hidden about this fact. However this sentence holds such a relative threshold for 'fathood' that no one can be absolutely called fat. So when I am saying about my fat friend, I am using his frame of reference, not mine.

This friend of mine has been with me since my childhood. And to keep him anonymous, let us say his name is Vaibhav. (Quite coincidentally, though, I have three friends named Vaibhav, who are... uhh... fat is a relative concept ;) ) But I am here talking about a Vaibhav who is not actually Vaibhav.

So, he used to come on his 'Hero Jet' adult frame bicycle to school, which could hardly be seen in contrast to him. His complete getup with white shirt and pants would remind anyone of a hotel bed, having a comfortable mattress, draped with a white bed sheet. His bicycle seat had already left its soul. The remaining corpse had withered away almost totally, and was asking for a repair, or a lighter ass.

So Vaibhav was heavy during school. But he was a happy friend. We were called as motu patlu in school. We went to different colleges after school as he was more into writing and I was more into sciences.

He was pursuing a girl in his college. Sadly, the girl said no to him, and adding to the woes, advised him to first 'become like normal people, not like normal elephants'. After that, Vaibhav always remained conscious of his weight.

He would not pursue a girl as long as he is fat, he told.

He started running, climbing stairs, skipping, crunches, relieved his bicycle from hell, and also, he started eating less.

No effect seen to his satisfaction even after first 5 months. But he would not leave.

I went for an offshore project for a year. We chatted and talked on phone during this time, and he would constantly crib about his weight and so much fat still present, hair falling, no V shape and all. I wondered if he was doing exercises regularly or not, because I would have seen super results had I done exercise continuously for even 5-6 months.

I was planning to look into what was wrong in his schedule after I return. But when I returned, he had a totally different appearance. He had developed good abs, heavy biceps, and had a perfect V shape coming.

I also saw his girlfriend beside him. It seems he was just making pranks by cribbing, and I could not realise this because this is what I had been so used to with him.

So my fat friend kept his commitment, and succeeded in his efforts. He was now fit, not fat, in his own frame of reference.

But we are still called Motu Patlu by our school friends. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Type your mind