About

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Victory without war



I am a paraplegic. Oh did it make you sad ? Please don't be, because I just said half of my sentence. I am a paraplegic millionaire businesswoman who has just entered global markets by launching IPO of Jia Tech in Nasdaq.

And believe me when I say not a single step has been thorn free. Though the greatest pain was not when I stepped on thorn for the first time. It was greatest when I was pitied.

My legs gave way not because I wanted them to. I wanted them to take me faster to the goals staring at me. May be they gave up before me, or it was god's will when my legs got under a falling roof, or they sacrificed themselves for my life. In that case, I must be more thankful than complaining.

I must be lucky to be born on this age where locomotive disability is no hindrance to work, especially in a field like Information Tech, where only soft soul of hard machines have to be developed. It requires only brain and for some speed good to work with hands.

After having served in an giant MNC for close to 10 years, I thought of taking a plunge into entrepreneurial sea. There I got some of my best friends along with satisfying but tough challenges to be overcome. I also met my childhood friend Arshad there. He said he loved me since childhood. No one knows God's plans unless it comes in front of your eyes. I married him 10 years back and we together started a firm Jia Tech, naming after our baby. I don't know why it felt good naming it after our child.

These 10 years have been full of pride and success. I am still a paraplegic, but I have a partner who never let that appear in our togetherness. Some strangers do take note of that, but the professional doubts have eased out now, as the company has earned reputation now and it is now more than just me.

My grit and brain...and of course a higher power whom I call God, have been contributor to what I am now. I am sure the same is applicable to you too.

I am not going to lose these three valuable items in my life. And Arshad and Jia... well they are the ones who were pushing me to write a small article about me. Their presence has given me more strength than ever.

All the best dear reader! I know you can also do it.
This is Rakshandha Haveliwala, Founder CEO of Jia Tech, signing off.

---
P.S.- proud of Ms Ira Singhal

No comments :

Post a Comment

Type your mind