About

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

AmpWom



http://ampwom.wordpress.com/

I thought there must be some pics of naked amputated people. So I searched 'Naked Amputee'. I did see around 10-15 pics. Zooming in on some pics, I got across this website. One more website was there which impressed me.

Whatever reason I searched it for, I did not expect such websites to be existing, and also very much active. I am surprised, but I am not able to judge whether it is a happy or a sad surprise.

Happy
  1. Internet provided a platform to the affected people where they could speak themselves
  2. Their collective issues are seen universally
  3. No one participating in this website movement will see himself/herself as the lonely one, coated repeatedly on his mind by the surrounding air and people.
  4. The popularity of the website will be a boost to their spirits. They will feel that they have something which the world wants to know.
Sad
  1. They can not be seen as the same among us. A mere change in body affects the perception of the person in this world unless he again proves his mettle to the world.
  2. Support is needed after losing a body part. It becomes a disability, true, but not forever. it remains a disability only as long as the person gets accustomed to using his new body. But the newly accustomed body is not appreciated universally. Hence a need arose for them to have a group and share their grievance to each other. 'He can understand my problem because he also has gone through this', thought is dominant.
  3. Loss in confidence. They can have much more to show than mere bodies, which are of course awesome. A horny bull will not have his eyes stuck at what is not there, but will be fixed at what is there. Bodies will remain always awesome for lustful purpose. But there can be immensely large number of things that the body can do. Just for example- running a family. An amputee woman, living with her kids, this pic will speak much more than an amputee woman clad only in her inner. Similarly an athlete amputee girl will attract greater eyes than a plump amputee, sitting and agonising for her loss.
  4. The website is not appreciated by many people. Less comments, less appreciations; if their voice remains only among themselves then of course there is a reason to be sad.
 We all are having human heart. We all have been trained the same way, but if we don't treat each other the same way just because of a change in ability of another person, that would be unjust. I don't personally think that the difference will go away so easily from the crowd's mind, but I personally can change myself to this equality mission.

(I have my own shortcomings - impatience to slow-sluggish action. I have felt angry on one disable person as well. But i strongly wish that however right it may be to expect low output from Disabled, it will always be unjust and unfair to have an opinion putting disabled  at an unequal platform from us in terms of their nature and behaviour.)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Type your mind