About

Saturday, March 23, 2013

It happens to everyone



I get reminded of you every now and then
that girl, standing alone in the foyer
while the sun was setting and all of us were
going back from lecture halls to our rooms

A smile was there on your face
which tempted me to think
that you are a saint, happy and content with yourself.
Soon, I found that I had stopped going to room.

An urge appeared, a simple urge though
to go to you and ask for your name,
Though I knew who you were
as you were the only girl in the batch

But the urge was more than for name
It was a selfish urge, an urge to complete myself.
Still, I prepared myself to go to you
With heavy legs and rising pulse.
Earth's gravity had increased manifold.

A pat on the back came... "Let's go mate!"
oh I was, I was, I was ... :(
I did not have guts any more
I gave up going to you and went to my room.
You were still there standing, alone at dusk.

I was stolen of my peace that day
Sun took away a part of mine as it set down.
I remember the Sun was very dull that evening
Oh! You were still smiling, weren't you ?
Please say you were, lest my smile fade away

The same day came again
The same Sun set again
I saw you standing alone again
I did not miss my chance again
I talked to you for the First Time!

I had won my olympic that day
I remember your face of that day
You were still smiling. Oh yes!
You were shining as well.
Oh! Were you my Sun since I saw you ?

I love you :)

(has been 6 yrs now :P since I am singly committed, though only by mind and thoughts)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Type your mind